1/6/10

FRESH "SEMI-ORGANIC" SALAD

I made this delicious "semi-organic" salad from fresh greens I bought from our Rainbow neighbor Cora (See post "The Gardener"). This is the first year George and Cora are experimenting with their organic garden. I bought arugula, romaine, kale, cilantro, flat leaf parsley, broccolini leaves and heirloom tomatoes (not in salad). I say "semi-organic" because I did use other ingredients including canned mandarins, raisins, salt-free sunflower seeds, sprinkle of shredded parmesan and homemade "lemon/orange/balsamic vinagrette dressing.

It was delicious with a brined and baked pork roast and sweet mashed potatoes. It made a huge salad (this shows only half) so the next night, I cut up the leftover pork roast into cubes, seared them to warm up and tossed over the same salad with dressing to make a "meal salad".

Healthy, filling, delicious...and helping neighbors.

The Garden is open from 8am-12noon Mon-Thur. Check the blog topics under "For Sale" for more information. :-)

No comments: